Natural Alternatives to Anti-Inflammatories
Looking for a natural alternative to help reduce inflammation? Check out our list of a few of nature’s anti-inflammatory foods to try out.
- Turmeric– a great way to flavor curries and different dishes and it contains curcumin which is one of the best natural anti-inflammatories.
- Omega 3 oils– you can get these from animal sources like fish, but also from plant sources such as flax. Western diets tend to have much more omega 6, so its important to get enough 3 to keep the proper ratio.
- Blueberries– and other dark berries have great anti-inflammatory properties as well as being full of beneficial antioxidants.
- Pineapple– containing bromelain, a potent anti-infalmmatory, gives this delicious fruit a spot on our list today.
- Green Tea– sipping on green tea throughout the day has been shown to help with inflammation.
If you are experiencing inflammation it is vital to get checked out by a medical professional to rule out serious illness first. But if you are looking to improve your diet, overall health, and keep down inflammation in your body, adding these is a good place to start!
Yours in Health,
The Lawlor Clinic
Chiropractic | Golf & Sports Injuries | Active Release Techniques (ART®)